Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that has more than two AMD Bulldozer-based 16-core processors.
- You try to install Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 on the computer.
In this scenario, you receive the following Stop error message in the installation process:
STOP 0x000000BE ( parameter1 , parameter2 , parameter3 , parameter4 )
- The parameters in this Stop error message may vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all 0x000000BE Stop errors are caused by this issue.
- You can install Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 successfully on the computer if you limit the processor to use less than 48 cores.
For example, the installation succeeds when two AMD Bulldozer processors (32 cores) are installed. However, the installation fails when three AMD Bulldozer processors (48 cores) are installed.
- You may also receive this Stop error message if you extend the computer to more than two AMD Bulldozer-based 16-core processors after you install Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.