Consider the following scenario:
- You have a resource that is shared with several threads in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008.
- You control threads to access the resource by using a named mutex object.
In this scenario, you may encounter the following issues:
- Applications that use mutex stop responding.
- The shared resource is corrupted.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- A named mutex object is opened and closed repeatedly.
- The named mutex object has the same name every time that it is opened.