Consider the following scenario:
- You share some files on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista.
- Some users try to access these shared files.
In this scenario, the computer may restart unexpectedly. Additionally, you receive a Stop error that resembles the following:
STOP 0x0000004E (0x0000009A,parameter2, parameter3, parameter4 )PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
- The first parameter, 0x0000009A, indicates that a driver tried to free a page that is still locked for I/O.
- The parameters in the Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all “0x0000004E” Stop errors are caused by this problem.