Consider the following scenario:
- You install a printer that uses a PostScript driver on a computer that is running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008.
- You disable the Advanced Printing Features setting for this printer. This makes the printer process printing tasks in raw mode.
Note: The Advanced Printing Features setting is located in the Advanced tab on the Preferences page of a printer.
- You use the printer to print a document that contains multiple paper sizes.
In this scenario, the PostScript printer does not print the document correctly.
For example, you use a PostScript printer to print a document that uses multiple paper sizes:
- The first several pages (part 1) use the Letter paper size.
- The middle pages (part 2) use the A3 paper size.
- The last pages (part 3) also use the Letter paper size.
In this example, you only find that part 1 and part 2 are in the output. Part 3 is not printed.