Consider the following scenario. You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista. The Stored User Names and Passwords feature is enabled. Additionally, this feature has stored various user names and passwords. Then, you encounter one or more of the following problems:
- You cannot log on to a computer when you use a domain user account. The log on process stops responding at the phase of processing group policies. However, you can log on to the computer when you use a local user account.
- The Network Location Awareness service stops responding. Additionally, you cannot stop this service.
- Several services stop responding. After a while, the system stops responding.
- When you browse the shared SYSVOL folder on a domain controller, the Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) stops responding.
- When you disable a network adapter, the disable operation stops responding.
- When you work in the Network and Sharing Center, the Network and Sharing Center stops responding.
In this scenario, you have to restart the computer to resolve this problem. These problems frequently occur on servers where many log on operations and log off operations occur. For example, this problem frequently occurs on a terminal server.