On a computer that is running a Russian edition of Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, you use the DCOM Config utility (Dcomconfg.exe) to configure some DCOM applications. In this case, you notice that one or several controls in the DCOM Config utility are disabled.
For example, when you open the Properties dialog box of an application in the DCOM Config utility, the Local Path control on the General tab and some controls on the Location tab are disabled.
Note: To open the Properties dialog box of an application in the DCOM Config utility, take the following steps:
- Run the Dcomconfg.exe file to open the Component Services dialog box.
- Expand Component Services.
- Expand Computers and then expand My Computer.
- Expand DCOM Config.
- Applications are displayed in the right side pane.
This behavior affects the following DCOM server applications:
- Microsoft WBEM Active Scripting Event Consumer Provider
- Watson subscriber for SENS Network Events