This article describes an update package that addresses common application compatibility issues in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008. Specifically, this update package provides Dynamic Update functionality during the installation of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2) or Windows Server 2008 SP2. The following issues are addressed by this article:
- Adds a hard block for Eusing Free Registry Cleaner to prevent users from deleting the registry value of the Software Licensing Service (Slsvc.exe) image path.
- Adds a soft block when users try to upgrade Windows Server 2003 together with the Active Directory Management Gateway Service to Windows Server 2008.
- Adds help messages for Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 when Microsoft Forefront Client Security (FCS) is installed.
- Adds a hard block for the prerelease version of Hyper-V to prevent users from upgrading Windows Server 2008 together with the prerelease version of Hyper-V to Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- Adds a block for Microsoft Zune to prevent users from trying to upgrade Windows XP to Windows Vista for Zune 4.0.
Note: If the computer is connected to the Internet when you upgrade the operating system, Dynamic Update prompts you to download critical content. You have the option to skip Dynamic Update during setup.