When printing to a shared printer, no output appears on the printer, and no print job shows up in the server’s print queue. This will occur if the following conditions are true:
- The Print Server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 7.
- The Client is running Windows Vista.
- The print driver used for the shared printer is an XPS-based print driver which utilizes Windows 7 specific APIs such as rasterization service.
- The Sharing tab for the printer has “Render print jobs on client computers” selected.
- The user on the client computer is not an administrator on the Print Server.