Consider the following scenario:
- You share the optical drive of a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- You insert a CD or DVD disc into this shared drive.
- You use a network connection to access the disc from a second computer which runs Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- You replace the disc with a different disc.
- You try to access the new disc from the second computer by using the same network connection.
In this scenario, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
The wrong diskette is in the drive.
Insert correct diskette into drive \\path_of_shared_disc\name_of_shared_disc
If you restart the second computer, you can access the new disc by using the network connection.