Consider the following scenario:
- On a Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) site, you set the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) setting for client certificates to Accept client certificates.
- On a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, you run the Add Network Location Wizard or the Map Network Drive Wizard to add this WebDAV site.
- After you finish running the wizard, the Select Certificate dialog box appears. In the Select Certificate dialog box, you click Cancel.
In this scenario, you expect to obtain an instant connection to the WebDAV site or to receive a dialog box that requests the user’s credentials. However, after you apply hotfix KB954809, you are prompted two times for user credentials. The second prompt may indicate that the input is invalid and has to be corrected at the next try.
Additionally, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:
“The file cannot be accessed by the system.”
- When the SSL setting for client certificates is set to Accept client certificates, you expect that the user can provide a certificate or credentials to access the WebDAV site.
- This problem does not occur on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.