In Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008, you encounter one of the following problems. These problems are related to storage adapters.
The TotalSenseDataBytes registry entry does not work correctly. For example, consider the following scenario:
- You use a Storport Miniport.
- You set the following registry key to configure the size of the sense data in bytes for a certain storage adapter:
Value: Between 18 and 255
In this scenario, you see the sense data bytes are not set correctly.
You cannot remove a persistent iSCSI target if Physical Address Extension (PAE) is enabled. For example, consider the following scenario:
- PAE is enabled on a Windows Server 2008-based computer.
- The computer has more than 4 gigabytes (GB) of physical memory.
- You use the Microsoft iSCSI Software Initiator item in Control Panel to connect to a persistent iSCSI target.
In this scenario, you cannot remove the persistent target.
Note: This problem occurs only when certain iSCSI host bus adapters are used for the iSCSI connection.