Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that runs Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- You insert a Personal Computer Memory Card International Association (PCMCIA) MicroDrive compact flash (CF) card into a PCMCIA slot on the computer.
- You put the computer to sleep, and then you remove the PCMCIA MicroDrive CF card while the computer is asleep. Later, you resume the computer.
In this scenario, the MicroDrive drive may still appear in Windows Explorer and in Device Manager. If you try to access the MicroDrive drive, the system stops responding. If you restart the computer while the computer is unresponsive, you receive the following Stop error message, and then the system restarts:
STOP: 0X0000009F (0x00000004, paramter2, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
- The parameters in this Stop error message may vary, depending on the actual configuration.
- The symptoms of a Stop error may vary, depending on your computer’s system failure options.