Consider the following scenario:
- On a Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008-based computer, you use Word 2003 or a later version of Word to create a Rich Text Format (.rtf) file.
- You develop an application that uses the RichEdit control (Riched20.dll).
- You use this application to open the .rtf file.
- You add a MergeField field to the document.
- You merge some data in the file by using the MergeField field.
In this scenario, when you send the data to the printer, the application does not print the .rtf file correctly. For example, the paragraph tabs and indents of the MergeField field are ignored when the file is printed. Therefore, the text is printed in the wrong position.