Consider the following scenario:
- You have a user account that belongs to the Backup Operators group on a file server.
- You use this account to log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows Server 2008-based client computer.
- On the client computer, you use the Robocopy command together with the /ZB option to copy data from the file server to the client computer.
In this scenario, the operation fails, and you receive the following error message:
Error 5: Access is denied
- When you use the /ZB option, this command uses Restart mode. If access is denied, this command uses Backup mode. Therefore, a user account in the Backup Operators group on a computer can run the command successfully.
- You can also run this command in Windows XP and in Windows Server 2003.