Consider the following scenario:
- You run Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 on a portable computer that is equipped with a docking station.
- The portable computer is docked, and a USB mouse is plugged into the docking station.
- You put the computer to sleep, and then you undock the computer.
In this scenario, the computer is not undocked correctly.
When you undock the computer while it is asleep, the computer should resume and then automatically re-enter sleep mode. The computer resumes as expected, but does not automatically re-enter sleep mode. Eventually, the LCD screen turns blank. Sometimes, you receive the following Stop error message:
Stop 0x0000007E (c0000005, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
- The parameters in the Stop error message may vary.
- This problem does not occur when both a USB mouse and a USB keyboard are plugged into the docking station.