Considering the following scenario:
- You have a Windows Vista-based or Windows Server 2008-based portable computer that is connected to an external monitor.
- You set the external monitor as the main monitor.
- The external monitor has a screen resolution that differs from the portable computer’s built-in monitor.
- You put the portable computer into sleep or in hibernation.
- You remove the external monitor.
In this scenario, when you wake the portable computer, the logon screen is not resized correctly. For example, the logon window may be smaller or larger than the screen on the portable computer.