Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or Windows Server 2008.
- The computer has an integrated graphics adapter and a discrete graphics adapter.
- When you start the computer, you are using the discrete graphics adapter for the display output.
- You switch the display output from the discrete graphics adapter to the integrated graphics adapter.
- A power event occurs. For example, when your AC power cord is disconnected, the power supply system fails over to a DC power source.
In this scenario, you may receive the following Stop error:
Stop: 0x00000018 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
Note: This problem occurs only on computers that have certain hardware installed.