Microsoft has released the Cumulative Update for Media Center TV Pack for Windows Vista. This update rollup is intended for computers that are running Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate with the Media Center TV Pack for Windows Vista.
The Cumulative Update for Media Center TV Pack for Windows Vista resolves the following issues:
- Addresses an issue in which Windows Media Center Extenders cannot re-connect to the host computer after the computer resumes from the suspend or sleep mode.
- Improves the experience of recording analog TV broadcasts to include set-top box scenarios. Previously, some shows were blocked with “protected content” messages.
Note: This solution does not apply to configurations that use analog TV over digital cable tuners. The BIOS for the digital cable tuners provide content protection.
- Addresses an issue in which incorrect PlayReady API is called.
- Addresses an issue in identification of systems with the Windows Media Center TV Pack installed for server-related content.
- Addresses an issue with certain extensibility applications that pass the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) protocol-based URLs.
- Addresses an issue with .wtv files that are listed as unsupported file type after the third-party decoders are installed.
- Addresses an issue with Terrestrial Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting (ISDB-T) digital TV signal when it uses component or composite output.