This document can help you resolve system errors that occur while you use Adobe Encore CS4 on Windows XP and Windows Vista. System errors can appear in many different ways, including (but not limited to) the following:
- A blank or flickering dialog box
- A frozen cursor or screen
- An error such as one of the following:
- “This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.”
- “Encore has encountered a problem and needs to close.”
Many different factors can cause system errors, including conflicts among device drivers, applications, operating system settings, hardware, and corrupt elements in specific files. Although a system error may occur only when you work with Encore, Encore may not necessarily be the cause–it may be the only application that uses enough memory or processor cycles to expose the problem.