Consider the following scenario that occurs in a domain environment:
- You configure the users in the domain to use roaming profiles.
- The folder redirection feature is enabled in the domain.
- The offline folder feature is enabled on the network share on which the users’ roaming profiles and the redirected folders are located.
- The values of all registry entries under the following registry subkeys have been set to the path of the network share:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
In this scenario, when you try to log on to the domain from a Windows Vista-based client computer or from a Windows Server 2008-based client computer, the computer may stop responding.