“Stop 0x000000ab” error when you log off from a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista and that has a nonstandard VGA driver installed
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- You install a nonstandard video graphics adapter (VGA) driver on the computer.
- You log off from the computer.
In this scenario, you may receive a Stop error that resembles the following:
Stop 0x000000ab ( parameter1 , parameter2 , parameter3 , parameter4 )
- The parameters in this error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all “0x000000ab” Stop errors are caused by this issue.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB2479431.