“0x0000007F” Stop error occurs when the connection to some shared files is lost on a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You access some shared files from a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The computer is working under a heavy stress situation.
- The connection to these shared files is lost. For example, you log off the computer.
In this scenario, the computer may restart unexpectedly. Additionally, you receive a Stop error message that resembles the following:
STOP: 0x0000007F (0×0000008, parameter2 , parameter3 , parameter4 )
- The parameters of this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all “0x0000007F” Stop errors are caused by this issue.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB2254637.