Error message when you create some snapshots on a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or of Windows Server 2008 and then try to restart the computer: “STOP: 0x0000006B”
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or of Windows Server 2008.
- You create some snapshots on the computer.
- You try to restart the computer.
In this scenario, you receive the following Stop error message:
STOP 0x0000006B (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4)
- The parameters in this Stop error message may vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all “0x0000006B” Stop error messages are caused by this issue.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB2280117.