Some Group Policy settings are not displayed in the Group Policy Results report in Windows Server 2008 or in Windows Vista
Consider the following scenario:
- You install hotfix 979293 on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista.
- You connect to a domain controller by using the Group Policy Management Console on the computer.
- You add an ADMX file in the following directory on this domain controller:
- One or more attributes of the ADMX file have an empty value.
- You create a Group Policy object (GPO) that applies the attributes to a client.
In this scenario, the attributes are applied successfully on the client. However, the attributes are not displayed in a Group Policy Results report.
Note: You can run the gpresult /h gpresult.html command to export a Group Policy Results report, and then you can check the detailed settings in the report. You can also run the gpmc.msc rsop command to view the Group Policy Results report.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB983618.