The redirected printer does not print a document in Windows Server 2008 if the TS Easy Print feature is used in a terminal server session
Consider the following scenario:
- You install the Terminal Services role on a computer that is running an x86-based version of Windows Server 2008.
- You create a terminal server session from a remote computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista.
- In the terminal server session, a printer is redirected by using the Terminal Services Easy Print (TS Easy Print) feature.
- You use an application to print documents to the redirected printer. This application customizes one or more settings in the printing preferences dialog box.
- You try to print a document by using this application. In the printing preferences dialog box, you click Cancel. Then, you click Print to print the document.
In this scenario, the printer does not print the document.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB2028453.