Group Policy preferences client-side extension hotfix rollup: May 2010
This article lists the bugs that are fixed in the Group Policy preferences client-side extension hotfix rollup package for Windows Server 2003 and for Windows Vista.
This hotfix rollup package replaces the hotfixes that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 974266 Group Policy Preferences Client-Side Extension Hotfix Rollup
- 943729 Information about new Group Policy preferences in Windows Server 2008
- 977983 Group Policy preferences client-side extension hotfix rollup for Windows Vista
Issues in Windows Vista
- Group Policy preferences cannot be applied if a local XML file is not readable or is 0 KB.
- The computer that is in an item-level targeting of Group Policy preferences causes the processing of the client to stop. Additionally, an instance of the event that has Event ID 8196, an instance of the event that has Event 4106, and an access violation error are logged in the Application log.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB982051.