Group Policy Preferences Client-Side Extension Hotfix Rollup
This is a rollup package of many hotfixes for the Group Policy Preferences Client-Side Extension. This package resolves the following issues:
- The Windows Event Log service crashes when the regional options preferences are set to English (United Kingdom).
- If you create or update a virtual private network (VPN) connection by using a Group Policy object, the connection does not bind to IP Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or IP Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- A Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) query that is used by item level targeting uses an incorrect base distinguish name.
- Group Policy Service (GPSVC) stops responding during the GPSVC shutdown process if third-party printer drivers are installed by Group Policy Preferences.
- The %GPTPATH% variable is not resolved correctly when Group Policy Preferences are processed.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB974266.