Error message when you hot-plug a display to the secondary display port on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008: “”Stop 0×00000116″
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- You configure the display settings to use dual displays in clone mode.
- You unplug the secondary display.
- The system display turns blank because you have configured the system to turn off the display output after a period of inactivity.
- While the output to the secondary display port is turned off, you hot-plug a display to the secondary display port.
In this scenario, you receive the following Stop error message:
Stop 0×00000116 (parameter1, parameter2, 00000000, parameter4)
- The parameters in these Stop error messages may vary, depending on the actual configuration.
- The symptoms of a Stop error may vary, depending on your computer’s system failure options. For example, the computer may restart when a Stop error occurs.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB971572.