You cannot use a mouse to select combo box items in a RemoteApp program that you connect to through Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 6.1
Consider the following scenario:
- You have Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 6.1 installed on a client computer that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- On the client computer, you connect to a RemoteApp program through an RDC session.
- You use a mouse to select an item from a combo box in the RemoteApp program.
In this scenario, when you close the combo box, the item that is displayed in the combo box remains the same. However, you expect the item to change to the item that you selected.
- This issue does not occur in a full RDC session.
- This issue does not occur if you use RDC 6.0.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB968358.