You cannot access a CD or DVD disc on a shared optical drive after you replace one disc with another on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
Consider the following scenario:
- You share the optical drive of a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- You insert a CD or DVD disc into this shared drive.
- You use a network connection to access the disc from a second computer which runs Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- You replace the disc with a different disc.
- You try to access the new disc from the second computer by using the same network connection.
In this scenario, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
The wrong diskette is in the drive.
Insert correct diskette into drive \\path_of_shared_disc\name_of_shared_disc
If you restart the second computer, you can access the new disc by using the network connection.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB967657.