Manual recordings do not maintain changed titles in Vista Media Center with TV Pack 2008.
In Vista Media Center with TV Pack 2008, you are able to change the title of manual recordings. However, when you attempt to do so using the below steps the title defaults back to “Manual Recording: [Actual Show Title]“.
- Start Window Media Center.
- Select Recorded TV then Add Recording then Channel and Time.
- Change Date to the next day.
- Select Save then Record.
- Select View Scheduled.
- Select the title entered in Step 4.
- Select Record Settings.
- Select Change Title.
- Enter a new title to rename the manual recording.
- Select Save.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB961092.