Performance decreases when you stream isochronous data on a Windows-based computer that has a Texas Instruments (TI) IEEE 1394 host controller installed
Considering the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- This computer has a Texas Instruments (TI) IEEE 1394 host controller installed.
- On this computer, you install hotfix 952824 or hotfix 951410.
- On this computer, you connect one or more IEEE 1394 digital video cameras or other isochronous streaming devices.
- You use these streaming devices to stream some data.
In this scenario, the device performance decreases. For example, streaming speed may become very slow, or some frames may be dropped.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB958149.