You cannot access a WebDAV site whose SSL setting for client certificates is set to Accept if you cancel the Select Certificate dialog box on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
Consider the following scenario.
- On a Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) site, you set the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) setting for client certificates to Accept.
- On a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, a user adds this WebDAV site by running the Add Network Location Wizard or the Map Network Drive Wizard.
- After the user finishes running the wizard, the Select Certificate dialog box is displayed. In the Select Certificate dialog box, the user clicks Cancel.
In this scenario, you expect the user to obtain an instant connection to the WebDAV site or to receive a dialog box that requests the user’s credentials. Instead, the operation exits unexpectedly.
- When the SSL setting for client certificates is set to Accept, you expect the user to be able to provide a certificate or credentials to access the WebDAV site.
- This issue does not occur on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB954809.