When you capture a screen shot on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, the screen freezes, and you have to restart the computer
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure a computer to use the Windows Aero color scheme feature.
- You capture a screen shot by pressing PRINT SCREEN on the keyboard.
- You move or resize the target window while you capture the screen shot.
In this scenario, the screen freezes, and you have to restart the computer.
This problem occurs when the computer is running one of the following:
- Windows Vista that has hotfix 937229 installed
- Windows Vista SP1
- Windows Server 2008
- When you press PRINT SCREEN to capture a screen shot, the BitBlt function or the StretchBlt function is called.
- If you use an application that calls the BitBlt function or the StretchBlt function, this problem may also occur.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB954436.