An update is available that improves the compatibility, reliability, and stability of Windows Vista
This update improves the compatibility, reliability, and stability of Windows Vista. This update includes the following improvements:
- It extends the battery life for mobile devices.
- It improves the stability of portable computers and of desktop computers that use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS).
- It improves the reliability of Windows Vista when you open the menu of a startup application.
- It improves the stability of wireless network services.
- It shortens the startup time of Windows Vista by using a better timing structure.
- It shortens the recovery time after Windows Vista experiences a period of inactivity.
- It shortens the recovery time when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.
- It improves the stability of Windows PowerShell.
This update also resolves the following issues in Windows Vista:
- A compatibility issue that affects some third-party antivirus software applications.
- A reliability issue that occurs when a Windows Vista-based computer uses certain network driver configurations.
For more information on this issue, including potential causes, workarounds, and resolutions, see: Microsoft KB Article KB941649.