ITsVISTA
Information that makes life easier when it comes to installing, managing, and using Windows Vista.
Start About FAQ Blogroll Shop

Vista's Interactive Services Detection Service

ServicesOne of the ways Vista’s security was improved was by separating system services and user applications into separate ‘sessions’. Keeping the system services isolated helps to better secure them, but also makes any interactive interface unavailable to the user. That’s where the Interactive Services Detection service comes in. When a service needs to interact with the user, Interactive Services Detection presents a dialog that will switch the user to the session where the service is running so they can interact with the service. For an excellent, detailed description of this, see this post. Many sites recommend disabling this service, but doing so will result in you not being able to interact with any services that require your attention. This service is run manually by default, so there is little point to disabling it unless you don’t want to be bothered by important information from the software you may be trying to run.

Display Name:
Interactive Services Detection
Service Name:
UI0Detect
Process Name:
UI0Detect.exe
Description:
Enables user notification of user input for interactive services, which enables access to dialogs created by interactive services when they appear. If this service is stopped, notifications of new interactive service dialogs will no longer function and there may no longer be access to interactive service dialogs. If this service is disabled, both notifications of and access to new interactive service dialogs will no longer function.
Path to Executable:
Required For:
None
Memory:
N/A
CPU:
N/A
Do you know something about this service that I don't? Please leave a comment below so I, and everyone else reading this, can benefit from your knowledge!

Get notified of new posts for FREE via RSS or E-mail

Related Posts

Comments

• KD

May 18, 2007 at 7:36 am

I find I dislike this service so far. I understand the principle behind it, but it appears to be an all or nothing proposition. I have a remote desktop program that runs in the background on all our computers here. It allows me to take control of the user’s desktop without having to run all over the building. This program runs a small window that is normally invisible to the user, but that allows them to use a hotkey to contact us to ask a question. The Interactive Services dialog box won’t leave this alone. It is constantly popping up a box in the user’s face saying the remote software wants to communicate with them, when all it wants to do is hang around waiting for THEM to communicate with IT. Since they cannot close the communication box and so far I’ve found no way to get Vista to ignore it short of disabling the Interactive Services altogether, it is (needless to say) more than a little annoying to our users. Anybody know how to tell Vista’s IS to “ignore this one, but not that one”?

• Jay Cee

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:46 am

I keep getting it popping up on my desktop, when I switch to it, its just a grey screen with the option to return. I presume I must have a pop up or vrus issue but after running Spybot, etc it still comes up after a reboot.

The program detail states the following:

Message title:
    Program path: c:\Recyclers\svchost.exe
    Received: 06 September 2007, 12:41:46

——-

Note the Message title is blank?

Any ideas guys?

• Bruce

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:52 am

It would be helpful to know how to disconnect this “service”. It pops up every ten minutes because it does not like my AVG spyware program.
    Thank you for any suggestions.
    Bruce

• Larry

Sep 16, 2007 at 6:51 pm

Same thing is happening to me. I am really tired of clicking the “Interactive Services” box because of my AVG. I thought AVG was compatible with Vista?

• Atif

Sep 27, 2007 at 3:49 pm

i am getting the same problem as Jay Cee, its really annoying, any ideas how to prevent this?

• Joe

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:06 am

Jay Cee & Atif, I haven’t seen this myself, but svchost.exe running from the recycler can’t be a good thing. My guess would be virus/spyware. Spybot will look for spyware, but I’d still try scanning with a full featured virus scanner.

• tony_cogliandro

Sep 30, 2007 at 8:33 am

i tried to use this method but the darn thing keeps poping up.
    so into system config and then into tools and hit “disable UAC then reboot.
    i did that and i still get the message but now i dont have use of the copy command from one file to another.

• CJ

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:51 pm

Funny thing, mine is popping up because of the recycler. Comes up on screen about every 5 minutes. Annoying! Finally ended up disabling it.

• Gil

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:00 pm

Im realy tired of it myself I uninstalled the old printer i dont even use any more and it still keeps poping up about an end user agrement problem

• Alan

Nov 15, 2007 at 7:13 pm

To disable Interactive Services Dialog Detection messages in Vista, search the word “services” in your Start menu, click on Services when it comes up, and find Interactive Services Detection in the list of services. Right click it, and click Properties. Here, you can either Stop the service, or choose “Disabled” from the Startup Type menu. Either of these things will stop these messages from appearing.

• Mike

Nov 22, 2007 at 2:14 pm

I use Windows Vista for the Home – ‘Services ‘doesn’t appear in Homey’s Start Menu – at least I couldn’t find it.

So, here’s the alternate solution rundown that I used:

Open Control Panel

Double click ‘Administrative Services’

Double-click “Services”

Right click – ‘Interactive Services’
    from list in Window

Select ‘Stop’

Right click – select Properties

In ‘Startup type’ select ‘Disable’

Click “OK”

Done – unless you want to reboot to make double-sure it worked.

• DeeJayFire

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:07 am

Thanks for help about “Interactive Services Detection”. Its really work. Marius from Poland.

• Becca

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:37 am

Thanks for the tip on how to disable it Mike!

I thought that I was receiving that message due to adware/spyware or some sort of virus, but I scanned several times with different programs to no avail.

• Fred Vester

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:32 am

When I want to print, the Interactive serv. dialog pops up and tells me to change my black printer cartridge. I have and it still comes up. How do I stop this?
    FNV

• Joe

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:54 am

Sounds like an issue with your printer that needs to be resolved, the service is just the messenger getting the message from your print software to you. Try looking for the support site for you printer to see if they have a resolution for the issue of the black cartridge not realizing it’s been changed.

• Rob

Dec 6, 2007 at 10:55 am

i don’t have a printer or any thing connected to my laptop and i get the same problem

• Jean

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:43 pm

I’m new to home Internet service and a new computer; started seeing this stuff this evening, and just sent computer manufacturer an e-mail asking what the heck is it, since it mentioned Roxio & alleged partial incompatibility – something – with Vista – makes no sense. Why would a manufacturer put incompatible software on a new computer?

• Emma

Dec 26, 2007 at 5:44 am

I had this problem too, it came up saying something about the printer?

When i clicked on the button to fix it, it took me to a blueish screen and said a window would pop up, but it didn’t.

It came up around every 2 minutes, so annoying when you’re on the net.

Thanks for the tip on disabling it! :)

• Dylan

Jan 4, 2008 at 3:49 pm

One problem with disabling the service, some programs need it for certain functions. Example we use a program here called snagit 7, a really cool screen capture program. It installs a virtual printer which allows you to print something into an image. Very handy if you are trying for a paperless office. Well when you print to the virtual printer you get the message about a program wanting your attention, it switches desktops and there is the snagit studio which allows you to edit and save the picture. If you disable the service the snagit studio will no longer pop up and you will not be able to save your picture.

• Joe

Jan 5, 2008 at 12:22 am

Thanks Dylan, sounds like an excellent example of why you might want to keep this service running.

• Adam

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:04 pm

I get the same popup every two minutes about scvhost.exe on multiple pc’s, if there is no way to fix it then disabling the service is the only way I can see fit. Thank you for the tip.

• Joe

Jan 13, 2008 at 12:30 pm

@Adam: Disabling the service will certainly stop those popups, but you’ve only masked the symptom, you haven’t fixed the problem. I’d see if there’s anything you can do to find out why the popups are occurring so you can turn the service back on. Some day you’ll want to see something it wants to tell you, but won’t see it if the service is disabled.

• Joburgian

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:45 am

This ‘service’ has been driving me crazy. It brings up the dialog box every time I run my HP 1022 printer on ‘print both sides’ which is almost all the time. The only way to get rid of the box is to click on it to bring up the message (that I’ve seen a hundred times) and the whole screen goes black for several seconds before the message comes up. Then clicking to get rid of the message and the box generates another several seconds of black screen. So the whole process is lengthy and irritating and completely redundant – it doesn’t do anything for the printer. I’m really delighted to find this info on how to get rid of this thing, although I don’t know why the how-to isn’t in the Help section. BUT now that I know how to disable it, I think it’s worrisome and frustrating that this box pops up when it’s not needed but the only way to get rid of it is to disable the entire function. Who knows what trouble I’ll have with this or that new program in the future because this thing is disabled? — and in a year or so I will have long forgotten its existence and not think to check. Why not provide a way to disable it for a particular interaction where it’s not needed so that it can still come up for something new? I don’t understand why this function has to be so primitivo.

• ArcyQwerty

Mar 1, 2008 at 9:16 am

This may be designed as a security feature but it can prove otherwise

When my visual studio 2005 registration dialog is run in the interactive services (meaning the local SYSTEM account) internet explorer can open any program under the local SYSTEM account

• andrea

Mar 8, 2008 at 7:53 am

i get the svchost pop up every 5 minutes now, only started yesterday and it’s driving me crazy! everytime i click show message nothing comes up and it says if there is no pop up then it doesnt need attention. I really don’t want to disable it but theres no other option!

• andrea

Mar 8, 2008 at 8:13 am

i get the svchost pop up every 5 minutes now but mine says its located in internetexplorer, only started yesterday and it’s driving me crazy! everytime i click show message nothing comes up and it says if there is no pop up then it doesnt need attention. I really don’t want to disable it but theres no other option!

• paul

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:56 pm

i get the same problem with this window trying to tell me that a program cannot display a message on your desktop, but when i select ‘show me the message’ i get popup windows, and when i shut the popup windows down all i have is a grey screen. i understand shutting down the window is only masking or hiding the problem but i have no clue how to find out what the problem actually is, i have avg8 prof and is updated and scans regularly and does not even pick it up.
    now im confused. i thought if it was a virus, avg wouldve picked it up right? and if avg has antispyware and it was spyware, it shouldve picked it up as well? please let me know if im barking up the wrong tree.

• Luke

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:56 am

Paul,
    Iget the same problem, when i click ‘show me the message’ a loada pop up and advertisements come up which then leads me to ctrl+alt+delete just so i can escape it. I have disabled the ‘interactive services detections service’ and it seems to have done the trick. However i feel there is still a form of spyware/virus etc. running in the backgroud as my internet is slow and my CPU is between 65-100% which is not normal. I have someone looking into this problem and i will be sure to inform you of any cures or helpfull suggestions.

Luke.

• Luke

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:34 am

well i have been running AVG and that has found the svchost.exe file which was causing the problem. Try searching for this file on your computer and deleting it, bare in mind that you should probably research what this file does just to be on the safe side. My virus was a Trojan Horse Generic10.BJZ so it sounds like most of what you guys are saying tells me you should temporarily install AVG (I have) and go from there. Plus, has anyone noticed there system becoming slower, internet too??….

• rob

Mar 19, 2008 at 6:56 pm

for the one that has the CPU % a little high I had the same problem and looked in to it and for me it was that stupid sidebar
    so i disabled it from startup

• paul

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:56 am

I had the same Trojan Horse Generic10.BJZ and i have AVG 8 Pro. i scaned the system and found a svchost.exe and deleted it however everytime i scan i still get tracking cookies on the system and the are really annoying

• luke

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:23 am

hi again,
    i have been told to delete the svchost.exe and i did, except the pop up keeps on coming if i enable it, currently i have just gone into the setting for interactive services and pressed stop which seems to have done the trick, but i think its still there so really what im asking is how do you search for hidden files on windows vista??
    thanks.

• Adam Luz

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:35 am

You can’t delete svchost.exe so I don’t know what you think you deleted but that wasn’t it. And if you were able to…. which for someone who knows what their doing, you would lose internet.

• luke

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:53 pm

To be honest i wasnt sure what i was deleting as i just followed the path that was shown on the message which asked me to show the pop ups and i found a wierd programe which i instantly knew wasnt a normal file so i deleted it in hope of the message to stop appearing. Then i found out how to stop the message which i did for several days untill i tryed enabling the message again in hope the pop ups would stop wanting to access my computer but they didnt. I scanned for spyware as i said previous, and deleted it to no effect. If i remember correctly, the file was called svchot.exe :S
    This topic is really confusing me and i am still searching for a way to get rid of the pop ups that windows vista is asking me to see.

• luke

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Do any of you experience slowness in your system, if so what did you do to speed it up other than the usual defragmentation and disk clean up etc.

• rachael

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:23 am

I have a problem with the interactive services box poping up when I try to print. It tells me that the cartridges need to be replaced. I click ok and resume and my printer continues printing. I have replaced both cartridges and I have also gone to services and disabled the interactive service. But when I do that it won’t allow me to print at all. This is becoming very frustrating and I have to agree that this interactive service thing sucks.

• Angela

Mar 30, 2008 at 5:21 am

thank you Mike for the info. I am sick and tried of this stupid thing constantly popping up. It is as bad as the pop ups themselves. I understand that it there to help but really annoying.

• Jean SmilingCoyote

Apr 1, 2008 at 7:51 am

My computer was new in 12/07 and my Roxio stuff came w/it. I burned 1 CD-R OK. Now this ISDD box pops up. 1st email 2 Roxio – they couldn’t correctly acknowledge my gripe. I Updated & attached transcript of box contents. Roxio sent link 2 Creator update; it failed in Setup stage. I sent by USPS doc’s 2 Roxio’s CEO! There is no message that should be popping up every 5 min. like this. If they can’t send me a fix that gets rid of it my 1st try, they should send a tech here on a house call to fix it. If nothing else, this pop-up is wearing out my pixels!

• alan

May 11, 2008 at 6:14 pm

I too have the problem with my HP 1012 laser when I print double sided. It tosses up a message that has always annoyed me saying “Continue”. However unless I respond the printer will not function on the next print job. So now I get to click four buttons instead of one ;) . Alan

• Paul

May 28, 2008 at 6:46 am

I too was having this problem I used Alan’s idea, not Mike’s. With Mike’s idea, I could find “administative services” . As Joe stated, I would like to know “why” this is happening instead of disableing Vist’s feature, I would have like to fix the problem, so if anyone knows how to fix the problem, please let us know. In the meantime, NO POPUPS:)

• bee

Jul 5, 2008 at 7:21 pm

i noticed the same prob when i uploaded my new free firewall…. help i gett the following error
    Message title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Program path: ram Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
    Received: ?06 ?July ?2008, ??00:09:51

• Peter Timber

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:43 pm

how do I cancel out the pesky icon interactive servicesdialog detection that keeps intervening in my my printing on my Dell A920 printer…Please someone HELP ME!!

Thanks Peter Timber

• Emre

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:12 am

Hi from Turkiye.First of all sorry about my bad Language.I got the same problem.when i open my pc,interactive services dialog detection box comes up and kills me and then i found this site and Mike’s helping message and now i m very happy because there is no problem now.Try and see.Thank u very very much Mike.u r my hero man :) )

• TheBooth

Aug 8, 2008 at 8:49 am

If svhost.exe is located in a subfolder of “C:\Program Files” then the security rating is 74% dangerous. File size is 410624 bytes.

If svhost.exe is located in a subfolder of “C:\Documents and Settings” then the security rating is 36% dangerous. File size is 28672 bytes.

• Alagiri

Dec 20, 2008 at 2:59 am

Hey Mike,thanks a lot.Your post is really useful :)

• anonymous in NYC

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:44 am

I get the Interactive Service Alert when my Iomega Retrospective Software runs. Anyone else run into this? C:\Program Files\Retrospect\Retrospect 7.6

• Greg

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:09 pm

I had the same problem with the window appearing and not being able to get rid of it no matter which way I answered the question. I read numerous posted comments and came to the conclusion that it is not a good thing to disable this service.

“One of the ways Vista’s security was improved was by separating system services and user applications into separate ’sessions’. Keeping the system services isolated helps to better secure them, but also makes any interactive interface unavailable to the user. That’s where the Interactive Services Detection service comes in. When a service needs to interact with the user, Interactive Services Detection presents a dialog that will switch the user to the session where the service is running so they can interact with the service. For an excellent, detailed description of this, see this post. Many sites recommend disabling this service, but doing so will result in you not being able to interact with any services that require your attention. This service is run manually by default, so there is little point to disabling it unless you don’t want to be bothered by important information from the software you may be trying to run”

After reading all of this information I realized that people had the same problem but from different programs. Mine happened to be adaware. So I simply unistalled the program that I was receiving the erroe for and re-installed it. PROBLEM SOLVED!! I reccomend whatever program the service is telling you there is a problem with to uninstall it and then re-install it. This is actually one of the most simple ways to correct a problem that I know of and it actually worked for me. Good Luck!

• Randal Oulton

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Well intentioned, but big mistake.

• arun

Feb 9, 2009 at 7:04 am

My service is invoking my exe .
    for eg it will run notepad when a usb drive is inserted.for avoinding Interactive Services popup i disabled Interactive Services but now notepad is not getting openned . but in task manager process i can see an instance of notepad.exe running ..
    pls help me out from this mess..

• Joe

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:14 pm

arun: Use CreateProcessAsUser to start notepad in the user session.

• Ms Sun Little

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:26 am

Great, it works!!!
    Thanks alot with hearts

• DAREN LEE

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:52 am

Vista’s Interactive Services Detection Service
    Only relevant to any ‘new’ application / service installed.
    1.stop messages by uninstalling (last ) item installed or item indicated by the service via the mesage box.
    2.restart computer
    3. find any remains of last installed files/ (program files) programs / registry and delete .
    4. run a clean up program (free- CCleaner) then restart computer.
    5. check for virus / malware using appropiate programs

most cases of message relate to one installation; when you install aprogram and then uninstall the same program reminents remain from the installation on the computer; so if you try to re-install the same program again it accesses what was originally left by previous installation and triggers the service message!

• Jennifer

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:35 am

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MINE. WE HAVE A NEW COMPUTER AND THAT BOX KEPT ON POPPING UP SAYING SOMETING ABOUT INTERACTIVE SERVICES AND SYSTEM32 AND SPOOL.EXE. I TALKED TO MICROSOFT AND DELL NO ONE WOULD HELP ME. DELL GAVE ME A BUNCH OF BULL LIKE I WAS AN IDIOT ( SAYING MY COMPUTER WAS CORRUPT AND WAS GOING TO CRASH) AND SAID THAT I HAD TO PAY THEM TO FIX IT, TRYING TO TELL ME THAT THIS SOFTWARE WASNT UNDER WARRANTY… I ENDED UP REMOVING MY WEBROOT SPYSWEEPER AND IT WORKED. NOW IT’S COMING UP AGAIN,,,, I HAVENT INSTALLED ANYTHING BUT WINDOWS UPDATES. I TRIED TO STOP DOWNLOADING THEM AND THAT GAVE ERRORS… WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW? I THINK THESE COMPANIES ARE FIXING THESE COMPUTERS TO DO THIS SO THEY CAN MAKE MORE MONEY OFF OF US TO FIX IT. WHY ELSE WOULD YOU NEED MORE UPDATES. I DONT SEE THAT DELL COMPUTER IN SPACE ON THE NASA CHANNEL DOING THIS CRAP…

• Adam

Jun 19, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Just disable the service. I did and I have never had a problem since. I find no reason not to disable this service. You can find instructions on how to disable it above.

• Mike

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:36 am

Hi

I get this problem and I clicked on details and it says Internet Explorer is the problem.

I can’t delete this programme since I am using it right now!

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks,

Mike

• Jacqui

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:15 am

I have found that this pops up in Windows 7 with our NEW version of Prism Patchlink software when asking users to reboot their computer. if we were to disable the option, then the machine would reboot without warning as they wouldn’t see the message. The previous version still popped up, but did not have the Interactive Services Detection warning, so may have been using it differently?

• Sriganesh

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I do a remote connection to w2k8 machine. I have started the Interactive Services Detection service. So whenever a popup appears it takes me to a different screen. The problem is when I say return from the new screen, it just disconnects the remote session. ( note it is not logging off the session, but only disconnects ). This forces me to again login to the remote machine which is anoying.

• Mary

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:18 pm

My husband no longer has the problem. He took his HP laptop for a walk to the dump and purchased an Apple. He is now a happy, happy guy!!

• Steve Ayres

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:15 pm

When I click “show the message” it goes to the gray desktop with a message saying “return to your desktop.” And advising that if a program wants to communicate with me it will show a message. But upon returning to my desktop, it never shows any message. This is reminiscent of the Homer Simpson ‘Everything’s OK’ alarm, constantly ringing as long as everything’s ok.

very annoying.

• Tanner

Feb 24, 2010 at 11:07 pm

I try to run a program called RealVNC and also Mocha VNC. When I try to connect, I get that annoying message and then it asks if I want to let this “thing” connect. I say yes and it just leaves me at a blue with something that says “return me now”. When I return, the app on my touch cancels whatever I’m doing and sends a message saying host closed the session, even though I want the session open. does anyone know how to fix this? (I have a PC)

• Rob

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Tanner… ive been using teamviewer for about a year now and i find it to be better then vnc.. it is also free for non commercial use.. hope this helps you

• Tanner

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:52 pm

yea but I can’t find out what my ID for my iPod is. Any help?

• btiger1426

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:23 pm

this interactive service thing is a royal pain in the butt. I didn’t have it until today. what good does it do except to annoy people.

• Mike E.

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:59 am

I also received this wonderful service. It was NOT due to a virus, but was in response to my trying to load an old version of WinFax to send a simple fax. Like all older programs Vista complicates the simple. Long story short the program did not work, I uninstalled, but the memory lingers on. I continue to get the blank message every 5 minutes even though I removed the offending program. My punishment for not buying all new microsoft products I guess.

• Nano

May 11, 2010 at 3:46 am

Typical MS crap… we always need to find work arounds!!! I have a service running which i don’t want to disable. It runs an exe (eg : notepad.exe) but this appears in the Interactive Services Detection dialog to be viewed… how do a get any exe that the services runs to appear on the desktop and not on some separate desktop that has not interaction with running programs in the main desktop???

• Te Ayudo- Detección de servicios interactivos (UI0Detect)

May 13, 2010 at 4:38 am

[...] información Vista’s Interactive Services Detection Service Interactive Services Detection Service Impact of Session 0 Isolation on Services and Drivers in [...]

• Tim

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I know something about this that you don’t. Like most of the stuff that microsoft has done since Windows 95. It SUCKS! Now I want to know once it starts this crap how to turn it off.

• J****

Jul 7, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Interactive servises is awsome because when i get on it theres always a site opened and i can get on youtube and watch videos and other stuff faster than ever with no viruses or all that stuff thats why i like it so much!!

• Ana

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:53 am

I have been trying to solve this problem I have with a Java server application made to run as aservice. The service is installed, configured as interactive and then started, the application works fine, just that it has to display a message in some cases. On Vista the Interactive Services Dialog Detection message does not popup. Instead, when I start a test interactive service (I configured and started Notepad as a service), and I go to session 0 desktop, I can see there along with Notepad my application’s message too.

Is there a reason my application’s message box is not detected and I am unable to go to session 0 desktop and actually see it?

Thanks for the help!

• Angela

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I know it has been a SUPER LONG time since it was posted…since May of 2007, but thank you to ALAN… your solution was the most helpful to me!

• Angela

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:12 pm

I meant November of 200 :P

• Death

Sep 4, 2010 at 7:05 am

Was easy to disable i found. Just open start menu, search ‘services’, click the services thing that comes up with a little icon of the gears, scroll down to find ‘interactive services’, right click and press ‘stop’. Seems to have done the trick.

• James

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:29 pm

i thought it was a virus at first

• Interactive services dialog detection - Windows Vista All

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:07 pm

[...] Interactive services dialog detection I found this post on another site: (http://itsvista.com/2007/04/interact…ces-detection/) "To disable Interactive Services Dialog Detection messages in Vista, search the word [...]

• Albert Hebert

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I keep getting a notification in my menu bar that interactive services is not working. This renders my computer useless. I have to shut down by the powere button and restart in safe mode. Restart in regular mode from safe mode- then my compter works until the next time I shut down and re-open Vista. This only started happening after the last batch of Vista updates the first week in Dec 2011.
    Microsoft has been totally useless in helping me.

• Hcruz

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Hi,
    It very easy stopping with this behavior.

When the pop up window appears, just press “return”.
    Then you’ll be asked if you want to be advised latter.

In the bottom of that window you’ll find a “more information” button.
    Press it and you’ll have a resume of what’s causing that behavior, such as file name and path.
    After you had identified the file it’s easy to know if it’s safe or not, if you can stop it, if it’s part of a program you had recentely installed, or some other thing you don’t know.

By using Task Manager, you’ll be able to stop the file (exe) that’s causing it.

• The Web Traffic Wizard

Aug 25, 2011 at 5:39 am

Thanks for explaining how to disable it Alan, the interactive services popup has been coming up about every 10 minutes for the past month….it was so annoying!

• Craig

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I’ve disabled this in services but still getting this pop up whilst on the internet …any ideas please email me on scatteredmist@Gmail.com its driving me mad! Acer PC running vista home basic thanks

• karey

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I hope there is someone out there.

I have been having an “Interactive Services dialog dectection” thing that pops up, all the time. I don’t know how to get rid of it and I do not want to disable it. I am not computer savvy, so please speak childess for me. Hehe.

I have the entire process of button pushing and what the various boxes say, so ask me anything. I have shut my computer down, it has gone down on me, and I have left it asleep. The message is still there.

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks

• Jody

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Hi there, thank you so much for a very interesting posting, I
    really don’t invariably add compliments but appreciated your blog so decided I’d personally say thanks
    for your insight – - Elisabeth
    Here is my weblog :: Jody

• Nathaniel

Sep 24, 2012 at 8:44 pm

You should take part in a contest for one of the finest sites on the
    internet. I am going to highly recommend this web site!

Also visit my blog post; action commerciale

• Ona

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Your solo-ad to 500,000 UNIQUE Contact Leads. All interested in your service or product they are not regular
    emails. List members joined by double-optin. Most people find the
    list high response. A one time solo-ad to 500,000 UNIQUE Contact Leads is just *$9.

95. Purchase Today for a Boost of UNIQUE Contact Leads To 1,500,
    000! Plus, Access To Our Silver Submitter and A Lifetime Global-Marketing
    Membership!

Stop by my webpage solo advertising

• Take a look atEngraved Gifts

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Hi there, I discovered your web site via Google even as searching for a related subject, your website got here up, it appears great. I have added to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

• Clement

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I have read so many articles about the blogger lovers except this piece of writing
    is in fact a fastidious article, keep it up.

my homepage crestor lawsuit

• Thalia

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:37 am

Thanks for thee good writeup. It if truth bbe told wwas once
    a enjoyment account it. Look advanced to more
    introduced agreeable from you! However, how can we
    keep iin touch?

Here is my web page :: US b2b list

• Jacinto

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:33 am

The most important thing to remember is that the most important muscle you have is your heart.
    When you dance you actually develop clear and easy ways to love
    and care for yourself. Step 3 to Lose Weight Fast Naturally – Add at Least 30-45 Minutes of Physical Activity to Your Day
    Although some people may argue that exercise is not required for weight loss it is a
    must if you want to lose weight fast.

my web site; healthy foods for weight loss

• Trena

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:18 pm

In a service where you would like to plumber certificates have a
    proper level of horrifying. That hobby grew until he needed to hide in the photo.
    Well I am a graduate of PocolaHigh School.
    I used to be laid on or around a casket or urn a customer a more efficient and customer focused.
    Daren Sternads first piece plumber certificates of software
    that you go in there, Donald Jr. Cecil Hancock, 89, of Poteau,